Fire breaks out in refugee home

Fire broke out in a Shifflange house, home to refugees on Sunday afternoon leaving at least three people injured.

It was at about 12:40pm when emergency services were alerted to the fire at a house on Rue de Hédange, and firefighters rushed to the scene, managing to contain the blaze, and extinguish it.

However, while the emergency services state that five people were injured, the police report claimed only three were hurt, suffering from smoke inhalation, requiring oxygen treatment.

It later transpired that the house was occupied by refugees.

Details of how the fire occurred is not known at this stage and an investigation has been launched.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.