LU-CIX, the LUxembourg Commercial Internet eXchange, has announced that the 2017 edition of the Luxembourg Internet Days to be held on 14 & 15 November.
It is a key industry event for ICT professionals, attracting over the years an increasing number of international visitors working for big, medium and small companies. The event offers speakers of the highest quality, a selection of relevant hot topics, and a technical and pragmatic approach. The tremendous success of the 2016 edition attractedbmore than 1,000 attendees (more than 400 companies) with around a dozen keynote speakers, high-level interactive panel discussions, challenging business case studies and a packed exhibition hall over two days.
If 2016 was the year of records, the 2017 edition will be the one for new features!
The event will treat two main subjects:
– Digitalisation and how SME decision makers can make the most of the increasingly digitalised world they struggle with, whatever the sector, on 14 November;
– A more tech-oriented subject on 15 November, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, which tend to advance themselves as a growing threat for the global economy, reaching far beyond the ICT landscape alone.
New ingredients will be added to the original recipe to raise an even more interesting design concept split between:
– high level conferences,
– interactive debates,
– an expo (with up to 48 stands),
– an SMEs Forum with focused work groups and training sessions (new),
– serious games (new),
– networking sessions, etc.
New features in 2017:
To attract the numerous SMEs’ decision makers feeling lost with their Digitalisation challenges, the event will propose a broad range of focused side sessions powered by expert partners. They will run (in French and English) in parallel to the conferences (in English only), including Serious Games, open tables on security know-how and an open SMEs Forum.
– Open SMEs Forum powered by Luxinnovation with the support of the “Chambre des métiers”, offering dedicated workshops aiming to provide SMEs’ business managers and decision makers with concrete answers and milestones to help them with their specific questions (sessions in both English & French on 14 Nov.).
– Serious Game: “Ready to play Game of Threats?” run by PwC will facilitate conversation around Cyber security to help organisations experience the key decisions that need to be made during a cyber incident (sessions in both English & French on Nov. 14).
– There will be security dedicated trainings and a Q&A open table led by CASES (14 Nov.) and CIRCL (15 Nov.),
– Privatised presentation rooms will allow any company to take time to “physically” demonstrate its products/services to open-minded visitors with 10-minute “speed demo” opportunities on the one hand or 40-minute private rooms on the other hand.
– Canada, as “Partner Country” of the event, will be put in the spotlight! Positive synergies will be highlighted to encourage collaboration, and Canadian companies can benefit, within others, from a booth free-of-charge for the two days upon request.
– Along with the business speed-dating tool that will allow any event attendees to pre-arrange 15-minute meetings with other participants during the event, the b2fair matchmaking tool from the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce will be available to allow any company joining the event to be put in contact with the European Enterprise Network (EEN) to facilitate meetings between companies. Free of charge for all sponsors of the event.
Day 1 – 14 November
09:30 – 17:30: Digitalisation
10:00 – 16:00: SMEs and Digitalisation
Target audience: Business executives and decision makers from SMEs, CEOs, ICT professionals (CTO, CIO, CSO, network managers etc.), working for local and international companies or looking for answers to their Digitalization challenges.
Target sectors: SMEs active in all sectors i.e. logistics, insurance, industry, real estate, travel agencies, retail, e-commerce, etc.
Day 2 – 15 November
09:30 – 16:30 Distributed Denial of Service attacks
10:00 – 16:00: SMEs and Digitalisation
Target audience: CEO, ICT professionals (CTO, CIO, CSO, network managers), working for local and international companies and looking for outstanding IT and ICT solutions, etc.
Target sectors: Internet service providers, telecom operators, IoT, M2M networks, security solution providers, cloud based solution providers, integrators, data center providers, banks, professional media, government agencies, public sector, etc.